Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Art Vandelay is alive and well

My father and I just took chainsaws to the deck on the back of my house yesterday in preparation for a new one. He's the architect, I'm the tool pusher. And I like it that way. Since he has a solid background and years of experience in drafting he has concocted a massive party platform deck that is sure to be submitted to some deck building magazine you see at Lowe's or Home Depot. I'm figgin' sure of it.

I may post some pictures because I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat in anticipation. The hardest part is to remember not to take the scotch tape off the key hole and accidentally let the dog out in the morning. That 7ft. fall would just ruin his coat I know it.

Oh, and thanks for getting Yeah Really to over 500 hits since it's creamy birth on 1/1/10. And a hat tip to myself for taking a day off work to click the site 487 times. How'd I do it? Hydration and loose clothing was key.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"When you look annoyed all the time, people think that you're busy." (George - Seinfeld)

- Maybe he should have just went with platform shoes instead.

- This is exactly what attracted me to my wife 10 years ago.

- Damn Israeli's and their popcorn prices. Are there not more pressing issues over there?

This dog was apparently promised a 52" plasma, not that p.o.s.....Here are some other confused animals.

- The glorified larger iPhone is out, the iPad. It seems to be selling well, like it wouldn't? Now you can customize it with your own decal. Some are lame, some are so-so. You decide.

- Here are the 5 most socially awkward situations. I suspect #5 hits home for pretty much everyone. It has to.

- Two dozen women march topless in Portland without incident. (Side thought: I wonder what the housing market is like in Portland?)

Captain Janks strikes again!

Now this chick, who had something like 10 cosmetic surgeries in one day, says she can't hug people or jog as a result. Personally, it's a great excuse to be lazy, out of shape, and somewhat anti-social.

MLB opening day was on Monday. This is Michelle Damon, who is married to Johnny Damon, who plays for the Detroit Tigers. See what I did there? 

- Turning Saddam's kingdom into a tourist attraction - Like Disneyland without Mickey or the fun.

- I didn't think this kind of thing happened in real life.
 
- Today's, it-should-be-a-crime-to-be-on-the-highway-at-4:00am-going-to-work JAM.

With a name like Laird, the only thing to do in life is to own 35ft. plus waves. 

No comments: