Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Banker hours anyone?

Yesterday I spent a good portion of my work day looking for jobs. Wait, that sounds weird... Anyway, I used just one website to start off, careerbuilder.com. A pretty vague search ensued. The search consisted of me staying within 20 miles of my home, and a 4 year degree or less (Hey, I'm not above anything).

1,503 jobs, 64 pages resulted.

I went through all of them. Every one. And saved 32 that peaked my interest.

Of the 32, I narrowed down to 5 after considering many factors.

Of the 5, only one was a serious candidate to throw my resume at.

1!

FAIL.

Today is a new day and a new search engine will hopefully yield some different results. I'll keep plugging away no doubt. It's only one search on one website anyway. Hell, George went through the same thing before landing with the Yankees....and my wife does say I make interesting comments during ball games.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should take George's advice and become a talk show host, you could call it Parker's Bitches. It could have a double meaning. Hot chicks and you bitchin'.