Saturday, January 9, 2010

Technology is the devil

We recently got a Garmin GPS system as a gift. It's a pretty nifty device and will replace the countless number of Mapquest print outs that impaired my driving trying to read while messing with my ipod, and some texting sprinkled in. Maybe I'll try to read a nice novel while on the road as well, we'll see.

But my grandma used to tell me that technology is the devil. And I couldn't help but think of her (RIP) when I was taking the thing out of the box. I would just brush off her old school declarations and say, "Grandma you're such a nut...is that homemade macaroni and cheese done yet?"

But maybe she was onto something and she's probably hoping I don't pull a Michael Scott anytime soon.

Other weekend nonsense:
- Gary Coleman would like you all to protest his penis.

- Remember kids: When shooting heroin, make sure to use the less harmful approach.

- I wonder if she also did this, "for my kids"

Grandma would not be proud.
 - We looked at this baby carriage but thought that maybe the edges were just a tad too sharp. Agree?


1 comment:

MOM said...

I love the comment about Grandma.
She would be proud of you and your new family.. she would have a blast with Braden, but not so much with the Garmin! LOL
have fun with all that!