Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I need an ax and some extra cash

Well, I actually have an ax but have used it a grand total of one time. A tree was cut down in my backyard and I was using it to chop the bigger pieces into small ones for firewood. Look, I'm no lumberjack. I haven't wore dingy flannel since Kurt Cobain blasted his head open. I sometimes grow a beard, but it could never compare to Paul Bunyan's. I wouldn't mind having a blue ox though. Thirty minutes into almost chopping my head off, I said screw it, knocked on my neighbor's door and borrowed his chainsaw. We chopped that fat bastard up in twenty minutes flat.

What am I getting at here? Sorry, I like to ramble sometimes. Oh yeah, you should watch Ax Men on the History channel. And while you're at it also check out Pawn Stars on the same channel. I believe Ax Men are a few seasons in but Pawn Stars is a new show. With Ax Men, I like watching TV shows that illustrate what hard work really is. Not only dangerous as hell but those dudes bust their ass everyday to provide for their families. Nose to the grindstone, blue-collared guys. A lot of money involved in dangerous jobs like crab fishing, logging, and oil mining. I mean a lot.

With Pawn Stars I just like seeing people try to sell the lint out of their belly button in hopes of getting some extra cash. The shit these people bring in, some very cool, some not so much. A 17th century authentic treasure chest with a musket ball hole through it? Cool. A British police cap that you stole while vacationing in Europe? Not so cool. Pawn shops don't take stolen items, buddy. At least make up some kind of story that omits the fact that you stole it. Duh.

==============================================

Tuesday debauchery for all:

-  Speaking of Ax Men, this is just tragic and should have never ever happened.

- OchoCinco is doing Dancing with the Stars. I may tune in out of curiosity....and because Kate Gosselin has a high chance to break an ankle for her kids.

- "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." Or just go to the Smithsonian for the latest murderer memorabilia.


"Every time we try to steal a moment to ourselves, this creepy ass baby shows up outta nowhere."


- 25 other examples of terrible parenting.

- Apple products: "So easy an underage child can make it."

- Here is some pretty sweet 3D sidewalk art.


Heather Graham is being used to promote the public option. I am now more familiar with the public option than ever before.



- Kobe Bryant's new defensive technique.

- He doesn't need emergency assistance but he definitely wants something.

- The newest 'Blue Marble' images since the 1968 original.


Old age perks just keep getting better and better.

I'll end with Jam & Pim. Wow.

No comments: